Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bell's Cherry Stout


Bottle says "A mysterious dance of tart Michigan cherries with the dark, roasted malts of a big and bold stout."

One of Bells specialty beers, being available for a limited time (November-March), I was happy to find this last week.

Me - I don't even know how to describe this beer... Starts out tasting like a smooth stout, then the tart punches you in the face. I don't really taste the cherry too much in this one. I'd buy it again, but not as a regular even it were available all year round. 3.5 out of 5

Alexander - The first smell has the characteristics of a stout and a porter because of the "roasted malts." First taste, the roasted malts come through followed with a blast of tartness in the middle and a roasted malt ending. I'd like to try this again around Christmas time. 3.5 out of 5

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The cherry stout did not have the usual horrible aftertaste. I could probably drink this beer.